Monday, June 30, 2008

Introducing Bill.


Meet Bill. I've had the last panel in my head for the past few weeks, and I've been slowly - oh so slowly - working the strip towards this point. And now, today, I've comitted it to... well I suppose not paper, maybe an electromagnetic pattern on the internet.
It's the way I write. I see the story as a landscape, leading off into the far distance, with a number of waypoints, of which this is one. I have no idea what I'm going to find as I make my way there. The details come seconds before I write them.
Do I know what is going to happen to Bill? Absolutely! The basic outline exists in my brain. Do I know the details of his journey? No way! The fun of writing this strip is finding out along with the audience what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog some how i found you looking for info on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia, i wish you the best. also i was wondering if there is any way you would be willing to exchange links? I woulds be so greatful, thanks so much i iwsh you nothing but the best.